Since 1902, our mission has been the same: protecting what’s important. While this mission has not changed, the way we do so over the years has evolved. As a multi-line independent agency, we are able to offer a wide range of services through many different carriers. This allows us to search for the best coverage for our clients, rather than being bound to one company.
Unexpected occurrences of several types can disrupt your business – they can even bring business to a complete halt. In addition to your standard liability, property, and workers compensation, there are a few additional coverages that can protect your business from devastating interruptions that you should consider.
- Business income insurance (also known as business interruption insurance) can safeguard your business against unexpected perils that disrupt your income. These can include fire, theft, and wind. This will provide much needed income to temporarily get your business back up and running, while rebuilding or repairing damage. Example: Your business is damaged or destroyed by a fire or a tornado. Business income will cover your lost income during the time of restoration.
- Cyber security insurance protects you from damages resulting from electronic threats to your computer systems or data. Any business that deals with names, social security numbers, credit card numbers, or medical information should project themselves with cyber security insurance. It can also cover loss as a result of Cyber Deception ransomware, hacking, bricking, phishing, etc.
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI) protects your business from damages that may occur from wrongful acts, or accusations, arising from the employment process. Claims from EPLI insurance often arise from things like wrongful termination, discrimination, sexual harassment, and retaliation. EPLI coverage can also cover third party employment practices liability coverage. This covers liability claims brought by non-employees (typically, customer, clients and vendors) against employees of the insured organization. While these occurrences are often accidental, the damages resulting from them can be incredibly costly.
- Umbrella insurance is additional liability insurance that provides protection beyond existing liability limits of the current policies. This is an extra layer of protection to protect personal or business assets in the event of a lawsuit from a claim occurrence.
- Professional Liability Insurance, often referred to as errors & omissions or E&O, helps cover you and your company if you are allegedly or actually negligent in the professional services you provided. Any business that provide professional services or give advice to clients should consider purchasing. Examples: Consultants, Attorneys, Real Estate, Medical Professionals, Contractors, Architects, Accountants, Counselors, Salons and many more.
Please keep in mind, defense costs are a costly expense if an accusation is made. The above policies will provide legal defense when a covered claim is reported.
It is important you read your policy and discuss with your agent what your policy provides, coverage and limitation can vary from line to line and company to company.
We understand insurance can be intimidating. However, we want our clients to rest easy, knowing that their businesses are protected.
We’d love to help protect you. For a free policy review from one of our licensed agents, please click below.